The Port Theatre is centrally located in Downtown Nanaimo. It's easy to find us from any direction.
Check out the directions we've provided or figure out a route for yourself with our interactive map below.
Port Theatre - Nanaimo, BC
From the South
Cedar, Ladysmith, Cinnabar, Duke Point
When approaching Nanaimo, do not take the Parkway Bypass (Hwy 19), continue on Hwy 1 through South Nanaimo until you reach Downtown
Parking in the Parkade
- After you pass Port Place Shopping Centre, turn right onto Commercial Street, in front of the Conference Centre
- Turn right again onto Wharf Street, a small one-way street in front of the Library
- Turn right onto Front Street and then right again into the Parkade
- There is a door that leads directly from the lower level of the parkade into the Port Theatre
Just Dropping Someone Off
- After you pass Port Place Shopping Centre, turn right onto Gordon Street, right before Commercial Street
- Gordon Street turns into Museum Way and takes you right to our doorstep
From the North
Parksville, Lantzville, Coombs
When coming from the north, stay on Hwy 19 all the way until the City Center exit at Jingle Pot Road
- Turn left off highway onto Jingle Pot Road. This turns into 3rd Street, then into Fitzwilliam Street and then eventually Bastion Street.
- When you've reached the Ocean, turn right onto Front Street and right again into the Parkade or pull into Museum Way in front of our doors to drop someone off.
From Central Nanaimo
Hospital, Departure Bay, Country Club
Follow the Old Island Highway (19A) or Stewart Avenue (Hwy 1) south to Downtown.
- Turn Left onto Comox Road, at the lights near the Howard Johnson Hotel
- Follow Comox Road up the hill. It turns into Front Street after the bend.
- You'll pass the Dorchester Hotel and then the Coast Bastion Inn and then you can turn right into the Parkade or pull into Museum Way in front of our doors to drop someone off.