@ the Beban Park Social Centre, 2300 Bowen Road
Session 1: Saturday May 2 at 10:30AM
Session 2: Saturday May 2 at 7:30PM (dinner at 5:30PM)
Session 3: Sunday May 3 at 10:30AM
Feel the Excitement ● Share the Joy ● Two Days of Spectacular Dancing
Experience the excitement of a championship Ballroom Dance Competition – right here in Nanaimo!
World class competitive Ballroom and Latin dancing is coming to the Beban Park Social Centre for two days this spring. The Nanaimo Ballroom Dance Society is excited to bring this event to our city once again. Couples of all ages and all levels of ability will compete in all International Style Dances including the Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Cha Cha, Rumba, Jive, and more.
Saturday evening offers the option of enjoying a delicious catered meal in a wonderful relaxed atmosphere, followed by an exciting schedule of events which includes the sexy, exhilarating International Open Latin as well as the dramatic and romantic International Open Ballroom competitions. These events will feature some of the world’s best dancers. Saturday evening also offers a licenced bar for your enjoyment.
Saturday afternoon and all-day Sunday we have a coffee corner which supplies a selection of hot and cold beverages and snacks for a reasonable price. Menus for both the coffee corner and the catered meal will be posted on the website.
Sunday’s schedule includes Junior, Juvenile, Adult and Senior couples. And, we are pleased to be able to host the BC Closed Championship title competition once again this year.
While this is primarily a COMPETITION, we offer breaks for social dancing as well as top-notch entertainment by our highly skilled professionals. Both days culminate in a ‘Showcase of Champions’, where our top dancers perform solo routines highlighting their skills, choreography, musicality and imagination. Pure entertainment!
This weekend is sure to please the whole family as well as dance enthusiasts both from the community and from afar. The Island Fantasy Ball has become a destination event for many people across Canada. This year the Nanaimo Hospitality Association is supporting us strongly and helping to make our event a reality. Like us, they believe that this is a great cultural event for Nanaimo.
Come and Watch the Best of the World compete with the Best of Canada!
Full weekend schedule, seating plan and sponsorship opportunities at IslandFantasyBall.com.
- Seating for Session 1 is open, except for designated tables. All seating for Sessions 2 and 3 is reserved.
- Session 2 table pricing includes a gourmet buffet dinner, served at 5:30 PM.
- All Session 2 tickets include complimentary admission to Session 1, with open seating.
- Above Session 2 & 3 prices apply to advance ticket sales. For door sales, a $5 per ticket handling fee applies.
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. Payment for door tickets by cash only.
- Saturday competitors must hold a Session 2 ticket. Sunday competitors must hold a Session 3 ticket.
- Saturday Evening attire: Formal / Smart Casual