The Port Theatre Society is seeking a professional stage technician for the position of Head Carpenter to join our leadership team.
This is a full time, salaried position and offers an extensive benefit package.
If you are excited to join our team and support our mission and values, we invite you to apply for this position with the Port Theatre Society. We encourage collaboration and look forward to inspiring leadership in our staff.
This position reports to the Technical Director and directly supervises part time staff on an as-needed basis.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical and communication skills and will exhibit a keen interest and marked ability to work as a part of a dynamic team environment. The Head Carpenter will be expected to assist the Production Team in all areas of theatre management as required. This position emphasizes client interaction and strong soft skills are required.
The successful candidate will have:
• Extensive experience working in a counterweight fly house and exemplary stagecraft skills.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage maintenance and ongoing capital development of the stage and related equipment.
• Experience and proven ability in supervising and nurturing casual and part-time staff.
• Ability to contact clients to advance upcoming events as needed.
• Ability to provide expertise and assistance to both community and professional touring clientele.
• Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite. CAD (Vectorworks) is an asset.
• An interest in lifelong learning and professional development.
• A willingness to teach and share information and knowledge, and to be a team player.
• Flexibility. Some crossover skills with lighting, audio, and video are an asset.
Deadline for applications is June 4, 2021. Start date is negotiable.
Only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Please send cover letter and resume by email to:
Lisa Desprez, Administrative Assistant
Include Head Carpenter Search in Subject Line
or mail to:
The Port Theatre, Attn. L. Desprez
125 Front Street, Nanaimo, BC V9R 6Z4