Plan Your Visit
The Port Theatre Society is pleased to provide our audiences with information and services to enhance your overall experience.
Conveniently located beside the theatre, the most ideal parking is in the Harbourfront Underground Parkade. Other options include the Bastion parkade and VICC parkade, both within a block of the theatre. The parkades can get very busy before events so remember to allow for extra time. Rates in the City’s parkades are very reasonable.
- Harbour Front Parkade @ 51 Gordon Street (lower level has direct access to the theatre)
- Vancouver Island Conference Centre/Port of Nanaimo Centre @ 101 Gordon Street
Parking in the Parkade
- Turn right onto Gordon Street (just past Casino Nanaimo) and drive straight ahead, past the VI Conference Centre, into the lower level of the Harbour Front Parkade. You will also have access to the VI Conference Centre parking to your left.
- A door leads directly from this lower lower level of the parkade into the Port Theatre.
- You can also get to the upper level of the parkade by turning right onto Museum Way (before reaching the parkade) and then turn left onto Front Street. The entrance is just past the theatre on the left.
Just Dropping Someone Off
- (coming from the south) after you pass Port Place Shopping Centre & Casino Nanaimo, turn right at the light onto Commercial Street.
- Turn right onto Wharf Street (by the Library & Diana Krall Plaza) and follow to Front St.
- After you turn right onto Front Street, continue just past the parkade entrance and pull into the Ticket Centre pull-in
- OR continue to Museum Way and turn right to use the pull-up to the left of the main entrance