Port Theatre Safety Protocols
The Port Theatre Society is pleased to provide a safe experience for everyone.
Your health and safety are important to us! Until the public health authority provides new guidelines, these are the rules The Port Theatre Society must follow. Thank you for your patience as we continue to update this page with the newest information.
1. Starting September 13, all patrons and volunteers (ages 12 years & older) are required to show proof of one dose of vaccine before entering the building. Starting October 24, all patrons and volunteers (ages 12 years & older) are required to show proof of both doses prior to entering the building. For more details, please read this excerpt from the provincial health order on September 10, 2021.
2. You must wear a mask (if 12 years or older) at all times inside the building even when seated in the theatre.
3. Hand sanitizer is available for your convenience.
4. Please avoid congregating in the lobby or theatre aisles.
- Due to the latest provincial health order, our theatre can now accommodate 402 audience members (50% capacity).
- The main entry doors into the lobby will open 1/2 hour before showtime. If needed, you’ll have access to the Ticket Centre once you’re inside the building.
- If you need assistance printing your tickets prior to the performance, please contact the Ticket Centre via telephone or email (contact info below) and they will assist you.
- There is no intermission – most events will run about 60-90 mins.
- There will be no concession available. You’re welcome to bring your own water from home if you need inside the theatre.
- There is no coat check so please bring any personal items with you into the theatre.
If you, or anyone from your party, feels unwell before the performance please do not attend. Please contact the Ticket Centre: 250-754-8550 (Monday to Friday, 11am to 3pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for options regarding tickets.
If you’re unwell, please do not attend
If you or anyone from your party feels unwell before the performance, please do not attend. Please contact the Port Theatre Ticket Centre at 250-754-8550 Monday to Friday (11am to 3pm) or by e-mail at email@example.com for options regarding tickets.
Babes-in-arms are not permitted for adult performances. Please check with the Ticket Centre regarding specific event restrictions.
At a suitable break in the performance, latecomers will be escorted to available seats in the back of the concert hall.
As a courtesy to performers and your fellow patrons, please turn off cellular phones and personal entertainment devices. The use of any type of audio or visual recording is strictly prohibited.
Some patrons have serious allergies to strong fragrances, forcing them to leave the theatre. In consideration for those seated around you, please refrain from wearing perfume, aftershave or other scented products.