Port Theatre Safety Protocols
The Port Theatre Society is pleased to provide a safe experience for everyone.
Welcome back to the Port Theatre!
What to expect
When you arrive at the theatre, you will notice we have added some new safety protocols to ensure everyone’s safety. Here’s what you can expect:
- As per the provincial health order, no more than 50 audience members are allowed in the theatre at one time. Every audience member, staff, and volunteer must fill out a declaration of health and provide contact-tracing information upon entering the building.
- The main entry doors into the lobby will open 1/2 hour before show time. You may have to stand in line for a short time outside the building while we check people in so please prepare accordingly if there is inclement weather. The parkade door will also be open 1/2 hour before performance time. If needed, you will have access to the Ticket Centre once you are inside the building.
- If you need assistance printing your tickets prior to the performance, please contact the Ticket Centre via telephone or email (contact info below) and they will assist you.
- Physical distancing must be maintained (2 metres apart) and occupancy limit signage must be followed.
- All staff, volunteers and patrons are asked to wear masks while entering the building and in the lobby. You are welcome to remove your mask once you are in your reserved seat inside the theatre. You will be asked to wear masks when exiting the theatre as well.
- There is no intermission – most events will run about 60-90 mins.
- Due to health guidelines, there will be no concession available. You are welcome to bring your own water from home if you need inside the theatre.
- There is no coat check so please bring any personal items with you into the theatre.
If you, or anyone from your party, feels unwell before the performance please do not attend. Please contact the Ticket Centre: 250-754-8550 (Monday to Friday, 11am to 3pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for options regarding tickets.
Video: Symptoms of COVID-19
COVID-19 Safety Plan
View our safety plan in its entirety: Port Theatre Covid Safety Plan – MASTER_Updated 2020-09-16.
If you’re unwell, please do not attend
If you or anyone from your party feels unwell before the performance, please do not attend. Please contact the Port Theatre Ticket Centre at 250-754-8550 Monday to Friday (11am to 3pm) or by e-mail at email@example.com for options regarding tickets.
As per the provincial health order, no more than 50 audience members are allowed in the theatre at one time. Every audience member, staff, and volunteer must fill out a declaration of health and provide contact-tracing information upon entering the building. Physical distancing must be maintained (2 metres apart) and occupancy limit signage must be followed.
Babes-in-arms are not permitted for adult performances. Please check with the Ticket Centre regarding specific event restrictions.
At a suitable break in the performance, latecomers will be escorted to available seats in the back of the concert hall.
As a courtesy to performers and your fellow patrons, please turn off cellular phones and personal entertainment devices. The use of any type of audio or visual recording is strictly prohibited.
Some patrons have serious allergies to strong fragrances, forcing them to leave the theatre. In consideration for those seated around you, please refrain from wearing perfume, aftershave or other scented products.