Please note, The Port Theatre is a city-owned facility and our staff follow the protocols set out by The City of Nanaimo. Here’s an update from The City of Nanaimo.
Update on Coronavirus
NEWS RELEASE – Distributed March 9, 2020 2:00 PM
The City of Nanaimo is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation through the B.C. Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC).
The City of Nanaimo is working with internal and external partners on reinforcing the prevention messaging as recommended by health authorities, which is:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water;
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing so you’re not exposing other people;
- Avoid others who are unwell, and stay home when you are sick; and,
- Contact the Public Health Agency of Canada at 1-833-784-4397 or HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 to speak to someone regarding COVID-19.
For the most up-to-date information and resources related to COVID-19 please visit BCCDC’s website.
- City operations, including recreational programming continue as scheduled.
“City staff are taking this opportunity to review and refresh our business continuity plans. We encourage the public to follow the recommendations of health authorities to protect themselves and others as they would during cold and flu season.”
Jake Rudolph, Chief Administration Officer, City of Nanaimo